The School Act gives parents the right, through Parent Advisory Councils (PACs), to provide feedback in their school.
- PAC is the officially recognized collective voice of parents of their school. A PAC, through its elected officers, may advise the school board, the principal and staff of the school respecting any matter relating to the education of the students and the school.
- All parents and guardians of students registered in the school are able to participate and are members of the PAC.
- PACs strive to represent the diversity within their communities and contribute to the benefit of all students by:
- providing opportunities to educate and inform parents about the school;
- involving parents in volunteer activities; and
- openly discussing parents’ concerns and aspirations for their schools.
PAC Facebook Page