The School Act gives parents the right, through Parent Advisory Councils (PACs), to provide feedback in their school.
- PAC is the officially recognized collective voice of parents of their school. A PAC, through its elected officers, may advise the school board, the principal and staff of the school respecting any matter relating to the education of the students and the school.
- All parents and guardians of students registered in the school are able to participate and are members of the PAC.
- PACs strive to represent the diversity within their communities and contribute to the benefit of all students by:
- providing opportunities to educate and inform parents about the school;
- involving parents in volunteer activities; and
- openly discussing parents’ concerns and aspirations for their schools.
CVOL has an active PAC, however, due to many graduates last year we also lost some long-standing PAC members. We are seeking new members from all of our programs, The Grove, Satellite Sites, and the central CVOLC program.
In September we will host two school BBQs in an effort to building a sense of community, friendships and to recruit some new PAC members:)
Please see social media and the school newsletters for dates and times.
Please visit this page often for updates.